I had this white shirt in my closet since a long time . I wanted to give a makeover to my boring old white shirt. Thus, i used the tie-dye technique which i learnt back in college in first semester. Here's a step by step process of what I did :
- Tie the shirt with thick thread as required. For this design , i tied horizontally leaving gaps of 1 inch.
- Boil water , add small amount of salt and once it starts boiling add the dye of ur choice .
- Dip the tied shirt in the dye solution .
- Drop some amount of fixutre onto a bucket of cold water and dip the shirt in it.
- Leave it for few minutes and was the shirt with cold water.
- Let the tied shirt to dry atleast overnight.
- Once the shirt is semi - dryed untie the threads.
- Let it dry fully and iron it.
- Your tie- dye shirt is ready.
So , which version do u like?? Before or after ? Try it. Its fun :)